A Day in Syria: May 11th & 12th 2018
By Caroline Pearse & Harald Etzbach
- The seventh and last convoy of deportees from the southern neighborhoods of Damascus arrived Friday morning at the passage of Qalaat Al-Madiq. The convoy is heading to the north of Aleppo.
- According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), Israeli strikes last Wednesday killed at least 23 fighters, including five Syrian regime soldiers and 18 pro-regime militiamen. Iran has deployed Iranian soldiers and Lebanese, Iraqi and Afghan militiamen in Syria since 2011.
- The Syrian Network for Human Rights Network, SNHR, issued a report giving irrefutable evidence of the use of chemical weapons by the Syrian regime in Douma in the suburb of Damascus on April 7.
- According to the SNHR, three civilians were murdered by the regime on Friday, May 11th 2018.
- The Syrian deportees of the fifth convoy from the southern neighborhoods of Damascus demonstrated on Thursday against the blocking of their convoy on the road to the Syrian city of Al-Bab. Several convoys are blocked on the road waiting for permission from Turkey. The fifth convoy was finally allowed to continue to the city of Jarablus on Saturday.
- The third convoy of deportees from the city of Rastan in the province of Homs left on Friday heading to the north of Syria.
- The regime arrested several young people from the city of Douma to recruit them into the army. The regime controlled the city last April after bombings and a siege of several years.
- A car bomb exploded Saturday night in the neighborhood Al-Kassih in the city of Idlib. Nine victims and 25 injured people were registered by the civil defense at the time of this bulletin.
This post is also available in: Français (French)