A Day in Syria: May 6th 2018
By Caroline Pearse & Harald Etzbach
- According To France Info,French President Emmanuel Macron believes that American President Donald Trump only decided to launch strikes on Syria after talking to him. Strikes on chemical weapons production sites happened on the night between April 13rd and April 14th.
- According to the Syrian Network of Human Rights (SNHR), the Syrian regime arrested and kept in detention 476 persons last April. Among them 42 were women and 45 children.
- Russian air raids on the city of Jisr Al-Choughour led to four victims and several injured among civilians today.
- According to activists, the regime artillery targeted several towns in the north and north-west of the province of Hama today . It also targeted the town of Tal As in Idlib.
- Battles between the regime army and the opposition occurred on the front of the village of Al-Feikha in the eastern province of Aleppo today.
- According to AFP, the Office of the Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Al-Abadi announced that today their air forces targeted, for the second time in two weeks, a position of the alleged Islamic State (IS) at the east of Syria.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin agreed to meet on May 9th in Moscow to discuss recent developments in Syria and Iran.
- A mine exploded during the wheat harvest in the village oAl-Homeira in the province Aleppo. A combine harvester was damaged.
- 26 pro-regime militiamen died in a car crash at the west of the province of Hama.
- The third convoy of deportees from the neighborhoods of Babila, Beit Sahm and Yalda in the south of Damascus arrived yesterday in the province of Aleppo. The convoy consisted of 62 buses carrying 2708 people, among them 650 women and 945 children.
This post is also available in: Français (French)