A Day in Syria: May 13th & 14th 2018
By Caroline Pearse
- A roundup of the regime intelligence service occured on Sunday in the neighborhood of Barzeh in Damascus. Two young people were arrested.
- Young people from the city of Douma in eastern Ghouta, recently recruited by the regime army, have been sent to the front of the Al-Yarmouk camp and of the southern neighborhoods of Damascus. The city was controlled by the regime after seven years of rebellion.
- Assad forces kill three Palestinian refugees at Al-Orouba checkpoint during their escape with a large number of civilians from the battles taking place in the Al-Yarmouk refugee camp in Damascus.
- According to activists, a member of the Democratic Union Party, PYD, died in an explosion near the village of Al-Mabroukeh at the west of Al-Hassake. PYD militias have arrested two young people in the city to recruit them into their ranks of fighters.
- According to “Le Figaro”, few months or a few years old, children of French jihadists are currently held in camps for displaced Kurds or in Iraqi prisons. Some are with their mothers, others are orphans. Their families in France call for their repatriation
- The regime continued bombing the civilian neighborhoods of the city of Deraa.
- The regime artillery bombed the city of Kafr Hamra in the province of Aleppo this Monday.
- A Turkish military column headed towards Mount Chahchabo in the province of Hama to set up a new surveillance point.
- Part of the fifth convoy of deportees from the province of Homs arrived on Monday at the passage of Qalaat-Almadiq, in the province of Hama. They are heading towards the north of Aleppo.
- A mine exploded on Saturday on the road between Maarat Misreen and Bab Al-Hawa leading to two people injured. Another mine exploded on Monday on the road between Meles and Armanaz leading to one dead person.
- The picture of the day is the one of the Syrian lawyer Ahmad Bakdach who died in a car bomb explosion in front of the Justice Palace in Idlib on May 12th.
This post is also available in: Français (French)