A Day in Syria: April 6th 2018
By Caroline Pearse & H. E.
- An escalation of violence in the bombings and air raids on the city of Douma has been noted today. Attacks from the regime and from Russia on this last bastion of the Syrian opposition led to more than 35 victims and dozens of injured people.
- The regime artillery has bombed today the village of Al-Korbatiah in the Southern province of Homs. Several inhabitants of the village have been injured.
- Russian air raids have targeted today the towns of Al-Hobait and Magharat Al-Honta in the province of Idlib. Several raids have used bunker buster bombs, at the time of the Friday prayer.
- Military columns of the international coalition have arrived today near the oilfield of Koniko in the East of Deir Ezzor.
- A patrol of reconnaissance of the Turkish army has arrived today in the city of Morek in the province of Hama.
- According to an information transmitted from the Elysée by BFM TV, today the French President has asked again the Russian President Vladimir Putin again to put pressure on Damascus to stop the military escalation in Syria in order to protect the civilians and to restart the negotiations.
- The inhabitants of the city of Maarat al-Numan in the province of Idlib have demonstrated massively They have confirmed the continuation of the revolution against the dictator Assad and the solidarity with the civilians from Ghouta.
- Rian Al-Khuja, a little girl from the area of Al-Qadam in Damascus has been shot by Turkish policemen while trying, with her mother and brothers, to cross the borders of the department of Idlib towards Turkey. The father of the little girl had already been murdered by the regime bombings in his area on the suburb of Damascus.
- The image of the day: an aerial photo showing the destruction of the city of Douma in Eastern Ghouta.
This post is also available in: Français (French)